So here’s a question: When was the last time you sat down and wrote someone a letter and posted it?
I remember the delicious joy vividly: of checking the postbox and finding a letter addressed to me. I remember tearing them open and drinking in the words – often hilarious – written by my great aunts, who understood the art of letter writing. And I’m convinced that they taught me much of the little I know about writing: composing my reply coherently enough to make sense to them was certainly a fun way to practise prose.
Truth be told, though: it’s a fading activity, blocked and clouded by one-liner texts, to-the-point emails, and pictures that replace the thousand words. And while I love the world of instant messaging as much as anyone, I want to find a way to show people I care enough to take the time to send real post.
So this year I’m introducing Christmas cards. Real ones. Personalised real ones. And I’m so excited!!
If this sounds weird to you, or if you need a little convincing, here are 5 reasons to send real, personalised Christmas cards…
- It’s not generic. It says more than a clipart Christmas tree ever could. It’s unique, and it’s special!
- It’s a way of keeping in touch with people you’ve not managed to see through the year. Maybe they live far away, or maybe you’ve lost touch, but you still want them in your life. Sending a real Christmas card with beautiful photographs of your family is a way to show them that you care enough to go the extra mile. It’s a relationship builder!
- You’ll get a photoshoot out of it! If a fresh family portrait is something you’ve needed to do for a while, then this is your answer!
- Posterity. Seriously. If you commit to doing this each year, then in twenty years’ time you’ll have a beautiful collection of photographs, capturing each phase of your family’s life. It’s never too late, or too early, to start!
- If you book a photoshoot during the month of August, you’ll receive 20 Christmas card prints FOR FREE!!